A lot of times we’re quite content with simply seeing videos in a browser and don’t feel the necessity to get them saved on the computer. However, in cases when you Want to watch videos without being linked to Internet, it is far better option to get them on your hard disk
So here’s some research we’ve performed on browser video downloader. Read, try out and choose which one is the very best for you:
Best way to download movies from browser is Elmedia Player PRO
Elmedia PRO may download just about any movie in almost any internet browser from any site. It also integrates with Internet browsers to its best performance.
- Download Elmedia Player on your Mac;
- Launch it and update to PRO version;
- Choose “Integrate into Browser” option in the Main menu of the player;
- A .html file with directions will open in your default browser.
- Read through the directions and drag the URL to your browser’s bookmarks bar.
- From now on whenever you see a movie on the Internet and Choose to download it, you will only need to click “Open in Elmedia Player” option in your browser’s bookmarks bar:
- Elmedia Player will start, and you can download the movie immediately.
Another cool alternative for downloading movies from the browser would be Airy. Airy is specifically created as a browser YouTube Downloader. It is possible to use it standalone or integrate with your web browser for faster downloading.
Play the following to allow Airy automatically capture YouTube hyperlinks in your browser:
- Download the app. You’re getting first two downloads at no cost, for more downloads you will want to activate the full version.
- Click Integrate into Browser from the main menu.
- Drag the link to your browser’s bookmarks bar.
- Whenever you’re ready to download a video from YouTube, just click this link in the bookmarks bar.
- Choose the file type for the video to be saved in and click Download. Free Airy will download two first videos. Consider then upgrading your Airy and getting unlimited YouTube downloading possibilities.
KeepVid is quite easy. You will only have to put in the link to the video and click on the Download button. The support will then list available formats for the video to be downloaded in. Click any of these links to initiate the download.KeepVid functions with Youtube, DailyMotion, Google Video, Vimeo, etc.
Video Downloader PRO can help you download the media content from several websites. It works with Opera, Chrome, and Firefox.
The Way to download on this expansion:
- Install the extension from the Opera or Chrome or Firefox shop;
- In your browser open the site you will download music or video from;
- Just click Play, and also the extension begins working on the web link;
- Open Video Downloader Pro, Pick the file and click Download.
Firefox movie downloader
Video DownloadHelper is a good downloading application for internet videos and graphics. Whenever this expansion finds the videos available for downloading the browser toolbar icon activates. You may click it to see what’s available for saving.
Video DownloadHelper presents several types of streaming videos: HTTP, MP2T, F4F, which creates this extension unique. But even if some website is using unsupported streaming technologies, Video DownloadHelper can save straight from the display and save it into a movie file.
Chrome video downloader
Flash Video Downloader – is a Chrome plugin for downloading movies and sound files from almost any website. It supports a large variety of Sites with videos such as Facebook, Vimeo, Veoh, Blip, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Break and much more.
Unfortunately, this plugin cannot download YouTube videos because of the restrictions of this Chrome Store.
Opera video downloader
It can download such document types as FLV, 3GP, MP3, MP4, 720p HD, 1080p Full-HD and 4K Ultra-HD attributes.
This plugin provides a highly demanded feature of downloading high-quality 192kbps MP3 in a single click without leaving the YouTube webpage.
Download Video Using Safari
Video downloading isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you are using Safari browser. But it is a great option especially once you don’t feel like installing more apps or plugins. All you will need is Safari and some knowledge. Follow the instructions below.
- Open your Safari browser on Mac.
- Click the “Window” tab and then “Activity.”
- Open the site at which you’re going to be saving videos from.
- Go back to “Activity” tab and find the biggest file in the listing. Select it.
- Double click on the document to initiate the download.
Downloading with Safari browser is quite simple and free, a bunch of scrolls and clicks and you’re done. However, this option isn’t available in Safari 8.0 or newer.
Based on your requirements and expectations you may try browser plugins or rely on software solutions, which might cost some money, but in the long run, they prove to be more efficient and reliable.